ARE YOU INTERESTED FOR AN EXCHANGE TO UNIVERSITY OF SARAJEVO?
An incoming exchange student can be defined as a person doing a limited period of study abroad (in the framework of ongoing studies at the home institution). This mobility increases one’s linguistic and social skills and well as the maturity, confidence and self-esteem. Having an international experience has a positive impact in your future career and it’s a mind opened for an increasingly global world. Exchange is usually done through the implementation of different mobility programs (i.e. Erasmus+, CEEPUS, Mevlana, International Visegrad Fund, DAAD, Fulbright, programs supported by government through their embassies in the host countries, university, national or regional funds, or self-financed mobility).
In any case, you can apply to the University of Sarajevo as an exchange student if:
- there is a valid exchange agreement* between your home university and the University of Sarajevo, and
- you have been nominated by your home university.
* In some cases, without previously signed bilateral agreement, your potential mobility to UNSA can be a subject of discussion of the teacher council, but it this case some fees might be applicable.
WHEN TO APPLY?
For Winter semester (September – February) or Full Academic year
- Nomination done by your Home University: 15 May
- Application documents sent by incoming student/staff: 30 May
For Summer semester (February – July)
- Nomination done by your Home University: 15 November
- Application documents sent by incoming student/staff: 30 November
Please note that late applications will not be considered!
HOW TO APPLY?
Check with your home university (International Relations Office or Erasmus+ office) the availability to apply for a mobility at UNSA (usually an open call). Regardless the funding and/or mobility program you must be officially nominated by your home institution. Nomination is an activity done through email communication from your home coordinator who confirms that the student was selected by his/her home institution to carry out a study period at UNSA.
You home university needs to send us:
- candidate’s data (name, surname, study field, study cycle, email, and chosen study program at UNSA)
- application documents (see below)
After official nomination from your home university, if we do not receive your documents in the nomination procedure, you will be contacted by our office to send needed documents by given deadlines (above).
STUDENT needs to send next documents:
CV or biography (preferably Europass form)
Proof of knowledge of Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian or English language
DURATION OF MOBILITY
Student can apply for the period of 1 or 2 semesters (5 months or 10 months). Duration is usually determined in the mobility program public call.
Important dates for incoming students:
- Winter semester (October – February)
- Summer semester (February – July)
More information are given in the section: Academic calendar.
PROOF OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
UNSA requires a scanned copy of a language certificate which proves the language level B1-B2 as agreed in the Inter-Institutional Agreement signed by partners institutions (according to the Common European Framework for Languages – see http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr).
RESPOND AND RESULTS
After your official nomination and application, we will forward your profile with documents to the host unit of the University of Sarajevo to the responsible coordinators. They will bring decision based on the information provided in the application documents. You should receive your respond in duration of 4 weeks. You will be informed whether your application is accepted or declined. After we receive your application documents and your host department has approved your application, we will send you confirmation (below).
Documents that prove the acceptance of the students at UNSA:
- Acceptance letter – issued by UNSA host unit proving that the student was accepted and which will be used for visa’s purposes (only if required);
- Learning Agreement approved by UNSA host unit – after signed and stamped by the Departmental Coordinator, Learning Agreement is sent by e-mail to the sending institution.
Make sure your check academic information – your obligations before, during and after mobility: http://www.erasmus.unsa.ba/academic-information/