An exchange teaching staff can be defined as a person doing a short/limited period of teaching abroad (in the framework of ongoing work at the home institution).
Exchange is usually done through the implementation of different mobility programs (i.e. Erasmus+, CEEPUS, Mevlana, International Visegrad Fund, DAAD, Fulbright, programs supported by government through their embassies in the host countries, university, national or regional funds, or self-financed mobility).
In any case, you can apply to the University of Sarajevo as an exchange staff member if:
- there is a valid exchange agreement between your home university and the University of Sarajevo, and
- you have been nominated by your home university.
WHEN TO COME?
- Academic staff (teachers): mobility dates are flexible and agreed with the host faculty coordinators in accordance with the timetable of classes performed at the University of Sarajevo.
Nomination and application dates:
Nomination and application dates for staff members can be flexible. It is important to agree on dates and send nomination minimum 1-2 months prior to planned mobility.
HOW TO APPLY?
Staff interested in doing an mobility for teaching at the University of Sarajevo (UNSA) must:
- ask your home coordinators for the mobility possibilities with the University of Sarajevo
- check the academic offer of the University of Sarajevo
- apply to your home university open call for mobility in accordance to the regulations;
- be nominated by your home coordinator to the University of Sarajevo’s International Relations Office
You home university needs to send us:
- candidate’s data (name, surname, study field, type of mobility, email, and preferably mobility agreement)
- application documents (see below)
Individual applications (before official nomination made by home university) are not acceptable.
After official nomination from your home university, if we do not receive your documents in the nomination procedure, you will be contacted by our office to send needed documents by given deadlines (above).
STAFF needs to send next documents:
- Mobility agreement for teaching
- Letter of interest (for academic staff from host academic staff)
- CV biography (preferably Europass form)
Duration is usually agreed with the host coordinators. If applying through international mobility programs (i.e. Erasmus+, Mevlana, Ceepus, etc.) staff can apply for 5-10 days (excluding travel dates).
PROOF OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
UNSA presumes that nominated staff has a high level of knowledge of English language and it does not require any certification, especially since it is expected that nominated staff is capable to deliver presentation and actively participate in different events at UNSA.
RESPOND AND RESULTS
After your official nomination and application, we will forward your profile with documents to the host institution of the University of Sarajevo to the responsible coordinators. They will bring decision based on the information provided in the application documents. You should receive your respond in duration of 2-4 weeks. You will be informed whether your nomination is accepted or declined.
Documents that prove the acceptance of the students/staff at UNSA:
- Acceptance email – sent by UNSA proving that the staff was accepted;
- Mobility Agreement approved by UNSA – after signed and stamped by the Departmental Coordinator, Mobility Agreement is sent by e-mail to the nominee.