Covid-19 in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) have been challenged with the high number of cases of COVID-19 during the last waves, which introduced some of the restrictions. However, as of 24 February 2022, all restrictions are cancelled. Of course, recommendations on safety and keeping yourself healthy are always on.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
There are no active COVID-19 restrictions to travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
We recommend checking any restrictions/inputs with the Embassy or the Consulate of Bosnia and Herzegovina in your home country. More about entrance and exit requirements are given on https://bihamk.ba/bs/vijesti/aktuelne-informacije-o-stanju-na-granicnim-prelazima-u-bih-i-zemljama-regiona/474.
Covid-19 and the University of Sarajevo
The University of Sarajevo has made the necessary changes in the procedures so that everyone can be guaranteed maximum security and ensure that our students (international and local) will continue to have a profitable academic experience in the best health and safety conditions.
The classes at the University of Sarajevo are organized following the Covid-19 regulations. So far, we have had an in-person model, but depending on the module, availability, possibility and attendance, the classes can be organized online.
COVID-19 testing in Sarajevo
First point of contact:
The emergency medical/ambulance dispatcher in Bosnia and Herzegovina is 124.
- This is a 24/ 7 emergency line.
- This will send an ambulance to your location and take you to the appropriate care centre as decided by the ambulance team (usually a doctor and a nurse)
Purchase of antigen tests
In every Pharmacy, you can purchase antigen tests for Covid-19, which can tell you your status in a matter of 20 minutes. The price depends on the type of test, which can go from 10-30 KM (5-15€).
Student Polyclinic in Sarajevo:
- As an enrolled student at the University of Sarajevo, you can get a referral for free PCR testing for Covid-19. You need to call +387 33 251 870 and ask for OPŠTA (General department). There, the doctor will open your file and schedule a meeting.
Medical (health) insurance information
In Bosnia and Herzegovina, doctors and hospitals expect payment at the time of service (often in cash though credit cards are accepted in some cases). You were supposed to have your Health insurance during your mobility here. Please check with your insurance about the coverage you have while in B&H and what is required to submit your claim subsequently.
Options for COVID-19 testing in Sarajevo
- Phone: 033 755 560
- Address: Trg međunarodnog prijateljstva 20
- Website: Poliklinika Agram
Sarajevo International Airport – “Eurofarm Center”
- Phone: 033 289 100
- Address: Kurta Schorka 36
- Website: Sarajevo Airport
Polyclinic “Dr. Al Tawil”
- Phone: 067 1300 194; 067 1300 195; 067 1300 196
- Address: Zmaja od Bosne 7, Sarajevo
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Poliklinika Dr. Al Tawil
Health Center “Alea – Dr. Kandić”
- Phone: 033 538 100; 061 358 563
- Address: Avdage Šahinagića 3
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Alea Dr Kandic
“BIH Medicinski laboratorij”
- Phone: 033 208 373
- Address:Branilaca Sarajeva 16
- Website: BIH Medicinski laboratorij
- “Unitic” location
- Phone: 033 296 375
- Address: Polyclinic in “Unitic”, Fra Anđela Zvizdovića 1
- Ilidza location
- Phone: 033 773 032
- Address: Polylclinic Ilidža, Butmirska cesta 14
- Website: Eurofarm Centar
Institute for Biomedical Diagnostics and Research “Nalaz”
- Centar location
- Phone: 033 550 255
- Address: Čekaluša 69
- Email: email@example.com
- Grbavica location
- Phone: 033 651 371
- Address: Hasana Brkića 2 (Shopping Center Grbavica)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Nalaz