The University of Sarajevo doesn’t provide incoming students and staff health or travel insurance. If you are coming to Bosnia and Herzegovina, make sure to:

  • purchase travel and health insurance at the agencies or
  • check if your home insurance is valid in Bosnia and Herzegovina (some countries have a bilateral agreement for the right insurance) or
  • if you are coming within a mobility program (i.e. Erasmus+), check if it includes insurance.

You have to be insured from the date of entry until exit from Bosnia and Herzegovina. Make sure you have your certificate with you. 

Note: To regulate your residence permit, you will need a certificate about insurance stating your status and dates. It has to be translated into one of the local languages (Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian).